Earlier this month, at the latest meeting of Ukiah’s Planning Commission, Community Development Director Craig Schlatter presented an update on the projects put to his planning team for consideration, one of which proposed a petrol station and car wash at the former site of Sparkasse Is. East Perkins Street.
Here is the status of the projects described in the director’s report as of 11/1/22:
1. 414 E. Perkins St. Major Use Permit and Site Development Permit permitting the construction and operation of a gas station, drive-through car wash, convenience store and multi-family mixed-use residential project in the DC (Downtown Core) Zone District.
2. 300 Seminary Ave. Telecom Administrative Review Approval for the replacement of existing ATT equipment on an existing monopine tower within the Public Utility (PF) Zoning District.
Status: Application considered closed by the planning department.
3. 203 S. State St. Minor Use Permit for Mendo LEAP Indoor Entertainment Center, located in an existing building in the Urban Center (UC) Downtown Zoning Code District.
Status: Sent for bank transfer.
4. 200 Ford St. Major Use Permit and Site Development Permit to allow for expansion of Ford Street Project Recovery Center and Transitional Housing in the Heavy Commercial (C2) Zoning District.
Status: Resubmission needs review.
5. The 720 N. State St. Main Use Permit and Site Development Permit to construct a 90 foot building. The Monopine Telecommunications Tower is located in the Community Commercial (C1) zoning district.
6. 1294 N. State St. Resubmitted the main occupancy permit and site development permit to allow construction of two retail suites (including a drive-thru) in Zone District C-1 (Community Commercial).
7. 7. 734 S State St. Express Gas Station Large Use Permit Application to Reopen Gas Station in the Community Commercial (C1) Zoning District.
8. 130 W. Standley St. Minor Use Permit to Establish Permanent Use of Outdoor Dining Facilities in the DC Zoning District (Downtown Core).
9. 701 S Orchard Ave. Preliminary CEQA Study/Negative Statement, Revision and General Change of Plan to Change Land Use Allocation from Public to Commercial. No development is suggested.
Status: Approved by Ukiah City Council.