DUBLIN, June 23, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Added to the Sunless Tanners – Global Market Trajectory and Analytics report from ResearchAndMarkets.com Presentation.
The market for sunless tanning is poised for growth with the proliferation of natural looking products, the increase in the number of service providers and the widespread acceptance of the concept.
Amid the COVID-19 crisis, the global self tanner market is valued at US$1.4 billion in 2020 and is projected to reach a revised size of US$1.8 billion by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 4, 8% grow.
Lotion, one of the segments analyzed in the report, is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.5% to reach US$927.4 million by the end of the analysis period. After a thorough analysis of the business impact of the pandemic and the economic crisis it caused, growth in the gel segment was adjusted to a revised annual growth rate of 5.7% for the next 7 years. This segment currently accounts for 28.6% of the global self-tanning market.
The US self tanner market is valued at US$386.1 million in 2021. The country currently accounts for 26.74% of the world market. China is expected to reach an estimated market size of US$96.8 million in 2026, growing at a CAGR of 7.2% over the analysis period. Other notable geographic markets are Japan and Canada, which are expected to grow by 3.8% and 4%, respectively, over the analysis period. Within Europe, Germany is expected to grow at a CAGR of approximately 4.6%, while the rest of the European market is expected to reach $104.2 million by the end of the analysis period.
A notable trend in these markets is the rise of self-tanning products as one of the most popular self-care trends during the COVID-19 pandemic lockdown. In stark contrast to the beauty industry, which has struggled with falling consumer spending, self-tanners have enjoyed a strong resurgence, posting impressive sales gains in countries like the UK.
Factors such as the obligation to stay at home prompted a large number of people to devote their time to various self-care activities, including beauty. Average spend on haircuts, nail or brow trims, spas, hair removal, and massages fell, while spending on self-tanning products rose. As the time for makeup, styling and haircuts receded, consumer spending on quality bath products rose decently, marking a major trend in beauty self-care.
Global self-tanner sales via the supermarket and hypermarket segment are forecast to reach US$798.2 million in 2020 and US$1 billion by 2026, at a CAGR of 4.2% over the analysis period. Europe is the largest regional market for the supermarket and hypermarket segment, accounting for 40.7% of global sales in 2020. China is expected to record the fastest CAGR of 6.8% over the analysis period, reaching US$61.7 million by 2026.
Selected Participants (total 68 presented) –
- Avon Products, Inc.
- Berersdorf AG
- Christian Dior SE
- Edgewell Personal Care LLC
- fake cheeks
- Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.
- Cao Corporation
- L’Oréal SA
- Shiseido Co.,Ltd.
- light brown towels
- Estee Lauder Companies, Inc.
- Unilever PLC
Main topics covered:
1. Market overview
- General assessment of the impact of COVID-19 on the personal care and beauty industry
- Global Personal Care Market Reset and Trajectory – Growth Outlook (in %) for 2019 to 2025
- COVID-19 brings with it fundamental changes in beauty consumption behavior with new trends
- The self-tanning products market is set to improve after the shock of the COVID-19 outbreak
- The e-commerce surge is unlikely to offset the loss of beauty products due to COVID-19-related store closures
- Sunless Tanners – Global market share of major competitors in percent in 2022 (E)
- Competitive Market Presence – Strong / Active / Niche / Minor (E) for players across the world in 2022
- Outlook: The desire for a radiant, healthy and naturally tanned appearance is driving market growth
- Europe leads the sunless self tan market, emerging markets are poised to drive future growth
- Concerns about skin cancer are driving demand for UV-free tanning products
2. Focus on selected players
3. Market trends and drivers
- Advanced formulas and technologies are driving the growth in the sunless tanning market
- Fogs are gaining popularity
- Innovative products and formulations help in the development of self-tanners
- A look at selected recently featured formulations
- Water tanning: A popular emerging trend
- Advanced technologies come to the fore
- Understand the use and performance of self-tanner
- Qualities that make a great self-tanner
- Manufacturers focus on developing DHA-free sunless tanning products
- Natural and organic ingredients collect vapor
- Select unique ingredients in sunless tanners and their benefits
- Choose suntans with natural and organic ingredients
- Multifunctional self-tanning products with many benefits are becoming increasingly popular
- The self tan market is getting a premium makeover
- Self Tanning Eraser Products: Preparing the skin for the next tan application
- Improvement of manufacturing processes and material quality Fixes problems with orange color effects and unpleasant odors in self-tanning products
- Self-tanner for sensitive skin: meeting the needs of people with skin problems
- The increasing popularity of tanning among men bodes well for the sunless tanning market
- Proportion of men using tanning products and services in the UK: 2015 vs 2019
- Millennials: A powerful demographic
- How safe are self tanners?
- Sunless Tanning Pills: A swallowable alternative to artificial tanning products
- The increasing importance of home remedies threatens commercial self-tanning products
- Social media is emerging as an important tool to increase consumer engagement and increase sales
4. Global Market Perspective
For more information about this report, see
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world’s leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with current data on international and regional markets, key industries, top companies, new products and current trends.
research and market
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
+1-917-300-0470 for EST office hours. call up
For US/CAN, call toll free +1-800-526-8630
+353-1-416-8900 for GMT office hours. call up
US Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside the US): +353-1-481-1716
Source Research and Markets