Launched all the way back in August 2000, eHarmony.com is one of the world’s longest-running dating websites.
Over 23+ years, eHarmony.com has matched millions of couples. Today, eHarmony claims someone finds love once every 14 minutes via the website and app while maintaining the “highest quality dating pool” in the dating space.
eHarmony continues to distinguish itself from competitors with a quiz-based profile creation system and algorithm-based matchmaking. You sign up, answer questions, then match with others based on shared values linked to happy relationships.
Is eHarmony.com the right choice for you? Can you find love with eHarmony? Keep reading to find out everything you need to know about eHarmony.com and how it works today in our review.
What is eHarmony?
eHarmony.com, found online at eHarmony.com and available via mobile app, is one of the world’s largest and best-known dating platforms.
The Los Angeles-based company was founded in August 2000 as a pioneer in the online dating scene. eHarmony was the first dating platform to use an algorithm to match singles together. eHarmony continues to use that algorithm to help singles find love.
Today, eHarmony aims to set itself apart from the competition with a curated dating pool, high-quality singles, and a superior online dating experience overall.
In fact, according to eHarmony.com, the platform is the #1 trusted dating app (based on a 2022 survey of 1,300 respondents from the United States, UK, Canada, and Australia) and maintains the highest quality dating pool (according to a 2018 survey of 1,600+ singles in the United States).
Whether using eHarmony.com or the eHarmony mobile apps, you can use eHarmony’s science-based matching system to find your perfect match. That’s one reason why someone finds love on eHarmony every 14 minutes.
There are plenty of dating sites available today. What makes eHarmony unique? Why sign up for eHarmony instead of competing websites?
Here are some of the perks of eHarmony:
- Algorithm-based dating website to find your perfect match
- Start free today
- #1 trusted dating app
- Highest quality dating pool (51% men, 49% women)
- Someone finds love every 14 minutes on eHarmony
- Over 2 million matches to date
How Does eHarmony Work?
eHarmony believes in the science of compatibility. When joining eHarmony, you answer a series of questions. Then, eHarmony uses an algorithm to match you with people who could be a good match.
Overall, eHarmony is like a combination of relationship science with big tech. After analyzing your data, eHarmony matches you with people who could be the perfect fit.
eHarmony’s matching system is called the 32 Dimensions model. The company matches couples based on perceived compatibility. eHarmony built the model after analyzing thousands of successful relationships. Why do some relationships work but not others? By answering that question, eHarmony is able to connect compatible singles and increase the chances of a happy relationship.
eHarmony also helps you find love based on shared backgrounds, goals, and beliefs, along with shared location. If you want to find someone of a specific race living in your city, for example, then you can do so with eHarmony. Or, you can let the algorithm work its magic on its own.
eHarmony’s dating pool consists of singles living around the United States and in virtually every country worldwide. Whether looking for local love or willing to talk to any compatible person in the world, you can find love with eHarmony.
Get started on your love journey with eHarmony!
How to Get Started with eHarmony
You get started with eHarmony using a four-step process:
- Step 1) Complete the eHarmony compatibility quiz to get quality connections based on key areas of personality.
- Step 2) Answer some basic questions to help eHarmony narrow down people who meet your personal criteria.
- Step 3) Review the profiles of eHarmony’s picks for you.
- Step 4) Pick an eHarmony membership that fits your needs, then start communicating with your matches at your own pace.
What to Expect with the eHarmony Compatibility Quiz
The eHarmony compatibility quiz sets the platform apart from other dating websites. You complete a quiz when signing up for the platform, and eHarmony uses your quiz responses to find the perfect match.
The quiz takes about 20 minutes to complete, and eHarmony recommends completing the quiz spontaneously and honestly, with no right or wrong answers.
By completing the quiz, you can learn more about yourself and about your potential matches. Once you’ve completed the quiz, eHarmony shows you the most compatible matches based on your quiz results.
Here’s what you can expect with the eHarmony compatibility quiz:
Regardless of where you live now, where would you most like to live? Do you want a large city, a suburb, a quiet town, or a rural area? Or do you not care where you live, as long as you can travel?
What are your main reasons for wanting a relationship? Do you want emotional security, an easier life with a partner, a partner you can trust, frequent intimacy, or to avoid being alone, among other reasons?
Who is your ideal partner? Is it someone who looks good with you or shares your interests? Or is it someone you find adorable?
What is most likely to make you interested in someone? Are you most likely to be interested in their career, financial security, health and fitness, warm-heartedness, or appearance?
If you and your partner are getting ready for a friend’s wedding, what is going through your head as you get ready? Are you worried about looking good together, bringing the right gift, being around people you don’t know, or being insecure about dressing up?
Why do you think you’re single? Are you single because you have high expectations? Were you not ready before now? Have you not had time to date? Are you too shy to meet people? Or do you not socialize much?
If you find a book or article interesting, do you want your partner to read it as well?
If you lived in a two bedroom apartment with your partner, what would the sleeping arrangement be? Would you share a bedroom or each have your own bedrooms?
How do you react to being lovesick? Do you stop enjoying food? Do you eat more food? Or neither?
How do you feel about cheating in a relationship? Is it never OK? Is it important to try to be faithful? Or is it okay to acknowledge that flings occasionally happen in relationships and that absolute fidelity is possessive thinking?
What does your ideal wedding look like? Do you want it at a church? Are you okay with a courthouse wedding? Are you looking for whatever your partner wants to do? Or have you not thought about it at all?
Ultimately, the eHarmony quiz asks dozens of questions about yourself, your approach to life, and your values. After completing the 20-minute quiz, you can view matches from your area handpicked by the eHarmony algorithm to match your interests. Then, you can choose whether or not to sign up for eHarmony.
Meet your perfect match on eHarmony today!
eHarmony is one of the oldest and most successful dating websites in the world. Here are some of the features that make eHarmony unique:
- Emphasis on Relationships Instead of Hookups: There are plenty of hookup apps available today. eHarmony, however, emphasizes relationships. The site was founded with the goal of helping people find their perfect partner, and people continue to find their perfect partners through eHarmony today.
- 23+ Years of Experience: eHarmony was founded in August 2020, and the website has 23+ years of experience connecting singles with one another across the United States. Over the company’s history, eHarmony claims to have matched over two million couples, making it one of the world’s oldest and most successful dating websites.
- #1 Trusted Dating App: According to a 2022 survey of 1,300 respondents from the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, and Australia, eHarmony is the #1 trusted dating app.
- 32 Dimensions Algorithm-Based Matchmaking Model: The secret to eHarmony’s success is the use of the 32 Dimensions model, which matches couples together based on their perceived compatibility. eHarmony based this model on research on thousands of successful relationships, identifying the common values that made these relationships successful. By asking singles questions and using an algorithm, eHarmony can match compatible singles together.
- Over 2 Million Matches to Date: Over 2 million people have found love with eHarmony since launch.
- Site Most Likely to Lead to Happy Relationships: You can find partners on other dating websites. However, eHarmony looks at the fundamental characteristics of strong relationships, then matches you with someone who shares those characteristics. Because of this advanced approach, eHarmony is more likely to lead to happy relationships.
- 2.3 Million Messages Sent Weekly: eHarmony members send over 2.3 million messages each week.
- Highest Quality Dating Pool: According to a 2018 survey of 1,600+ singles in the United States, eHarmony had the highest quality dating pool.
- Mobile Apps: eHarmony launched before mobile apps existed. Today, eHarmony has popular and top-rated mobile apps for iOS and Android. You can interact with eHarmony via eHarmony.com or through the mobile apps.
- Learn More About Yourself: After completing the eHarmony compatibility quiz, you can learn more about yourself – including the values important to you, how you see the world, and what your potential partner might look like.
- 51% Men, 49% Women: The eHarmony dating pool consists of 51% men and 49% women, ensuring quality matches for everyone.
- Video Dating: You can perform video calls using eHarmony. As a Premium user, you can use the in-app Video Date system to video call someone in your messages or video call someone directly on a match’s profile. This is similar to the virtual dating feature found on Bumble, Hinge, Match, Plenty of Fish, and Tinder, among others.
- No In-App Transactions: Many dating apps are free or cheap to use but are loaded with in-app transactions. eHarmony works differently and has zero in-app transactions. You pay a hefty subscription fee ($35 to $65 per month), but get complete access to the platform and all its features after you sign up.
- Free to Join: Joining eHarmony is completely free. You can complete the eHarmony compatibility quiz, review matches, and view basic profile information about your matches at no charge. You only sign up for an eHarmony subscription when you’re ready to take the next step, including seeing matches’ photos and sending messages.
- Support Throughout the Dating Journey: eHarmony has a customer care team standing by to support you throughout your dating journey. You can also discover dating tips and other resources on the popular eHarmony Dating Advice blog.
- Members in Every Country: eHarmony has members across the United States and in virtually every country worldwide. You can focus on local singles or match with someone anywhere in the country or around the world.
Ready for love? Join eHarmony now for free!
eHarmony is free to join, and you can complete the compatibility quiz and view basic information about your matches without paying anything.
If you want to view photos of your matches and message your matches, however, then you’ll need to pay for an eHarmony subscription. Subscriptions include 6-month, 12-month, and 24-month plans, and you can easily upgrade at any time.
Basic Member: Free
- Complete the eHarmony compatibility quiz
- Review an unlimited number of matches
- View basic profile information
- Get access to millions of relationship-minded singles
- Limited messaging
- Use of smiles, icebreakers, likes, and other basic communication tools
Premium Member: $35.90 to $65.90 Per Month
- 6-month, 12-month, and 24-month plans available
- Review an unlimited number of matches
- Unlimited messaging
- View unlimited photos
- See who visited your profile
- Use distance search
- Get a detailed personality profile
- Use of smiles, icebreakers, likes, and all other communication tools
Get eHarmony.com for the best price today!
eHarmony Reviews: What Do Users Say?
eHarmony has had tens of millions of members over the years, and most members have been happy with eHarmony’s service and how it works.
Although some find eHarmony expensive ($35 to $65 per month) compared to free dating websites and other discount options, others see eHarmony as an investment in a happy and healthy future.
Here are some of the eHarmony reviews shared by verified users, review aggregator websites, and other sources online:
eHarmony has an average score of 4.0 stars out of 5 on the iOS app store with 30,700+ reviews, and an average score of 3.2 stars out of 5 with 56,500+ reviews on the Google Play Store. Overall, most users are happy with eHarmony and how it works, finding the platform worked as advertised to help them find love. The vast majority of negative reviews are from customers disappointed they need to pay for eHarmony instead of getting everything for free.
Users on Reddit have good and bad things to say about eHarmony. On /r/onlinedating, for example, some users claim eHarmony uses fake profiles or blank profiles to increase your matches, while others find the service far too expensive for what you get. Others, however, claim to have genuinely found love or know people who found love with eHarmony.
eHarmony has an A- rating from the Better Business Bureau and an average score of 1.03 stars out of 5 based on 520+ customer reviews. The company has 2,440+ complaints in the last three years, including complaints about refunds, automatic subscription charges, and other issues. Some customers, however, have left positive reviews for eHarmony after genuinely finding love on the platform.
eHarmony has a 2.6 star out of 5 score on Trustpilot with 1,040+ reviews, with 84% of reviewers giving the platform a 1-star rating out of 5. Reviewers complain about confusing charges, unauthorized charges, poor matches, and an overall poor dating site experience. One customer complains she received 100 matches, for example, but 40 of them had no pic. Others, however, have left positive reviews for eHarmony after finding love.
Generally, users like eHarmony’s interface, app design, ease of use, and overall UI. Regardless of your age or experience with technology, you should have no trouble using eHarmony to find love.
In a recent PC Mag review for eHarmony (updated in June 2023), the organization scored eHarmony 3.5 stars out of 5, praising its robust privacy and security features, thorough profile-building system, lack of in-app transactions, and lack of video dating. However, they warned it was expensive and that many basic features were locked behind a paywall, pushing free users away.
Consumer Affairs has a 1.8 star out of 5 score for eHarmony, with many reviews (33% of all reviewers) giving the app a 1-star rating. As with other review aggregator websites, Consumer Affairs has negative reviews after customers were confused by billing and subscription terms.
As with all dating websites, the best reviews come from people who found love and created a healthy relationship through eHarmony. Some people have been in decades-long, happy, thriving relationships because they met on eHarmony. In fact, over two million couples owe their start to eHarmony overall.
Overall, eHarmony has good and bad reviews online. Although millions have found love and created happy relationships with the site, others find the free/paid subscription model confusing – and the subscription pricing to be expensive.
If you’re willing to pay to find love, then eHarmony can be the right choice. If you’re looking for an extensive range of features for free users, then there are better options. eHarmony is for those serious about relationships and willing to pay to find love.
Hear from real people who have used eHarmony.com >>>
eHarmony Refund Policy
eHarmony generally does not provide refunds on subscriptions. Officially, all fees paid to eHarmony for services are nonrefundable. If you cancel your account, you will not receive a refund.
However, you may be able to receive a refund within three days of signing up for eHarmony. If you’re unhappy with eHarmony within he first three days of signing up, then contact the customer service team to request a refund.
eHarmony was founded on August 22, 2000 in Pasadena, California. Today, the company is headquartered in Los Angeles, California.
eHarmony was launched by clinical psychologist Neil Clark Warren and his son-in-law, Greg Forgatch. The pair had previously created a seminar company in 1995, and that company would eventually become eHarmony.
At its launch in 2000, eHarmony was the world’s first algorithm-based dating website. The site quickly became popular, with around 33 million members joining eHarmony between 2000 and 2010.
You can contact eHarmony and the company’s customer care team via the following:
eHarmony is a giant in the online dating space and was the first to launch algorithm-based dating.
Today, eHarmony continues to match couples together every day, with one couple finding love on eHarmony every 14 minutes, on average.
To learn more about eHarmony and how it works or to sign up for free today, visit the official website at eHarmony.com.
For product review questions or feedback, please contact [email protected]
The links contained in this product review may result in a small commission if you opt to purchase the product recommended at no additional cost to you. This goes towards supporting our research and editorial team. Please know we only recommend high-quality products.
Please understand that any advice or guidelines revealed here are not even remotely substitutes for sound medical or financial advice from a licensed healthcare provider or certified financial advisor. Make sure to consult with a professional physician or financial consultant before making any purchasing decision if you use medications or have concerns following the review details shared above. Individual results may vary and are not guaranteed as the statements regarding these products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration or Health Canada. The efficacy of these products has not been confirmed by FDA, or Health Canada approved research. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease and do not provide any kind of get-rich money scheme. Reviewer is not responsible for pricing inaccuracies. Check product sales page for final prices.