- Johnson Controls demonstrates its continued support for environmental sustainability with a program designed to increase access to high-efficiency home comfort appliances
- The new Inflation Mitigation Act offers homeowners the opportunity to save on the initial cost of high-efficiency HVAC equipment, in addition to financing options, tax incentives, and government and manufacturer rebates.
Milwaukee, Sept. 22, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Johnson Controls, the global leader in smart, healthy and sustainable buildings, is making residential energy efficiency more affordable and accessible to homeowners. Through the Anti-Inflation Act. With high-efficiency HVAC units from Johnson Controls, homeowners can reduce their heating and cooling costs by up to 50% compared to less efficient systems.
The federally funded Anti-Inflation Act, which went into effect Aug. 16, envisages a record $370 billion in spending on climate and energy initiatives. It offers homeowners the opportunity to save on the cost of replacing or upgrading their HVAC systems with highly efficient devices that will help them meet their goal of reducing Americans’ carbon footprint by 40% by 2030. Can reduce energy consumption and utility bills.
With the support of a trusted HVAC contractor and Johnson Controls brands like York®, Luxair®, Coleman®, Champion® and Fraser-Johnston®, homeowners can add significant savings and low-carbon financing options, tax incentives and Johnson Controls rebates. Footprint with a highly efficient home comfort system.
“The Inflation Reduction Act offers homeowners an unprecedented opportunity to reduce carbon emissions while reducing the financial burden of rising energy costs,” said Katie McGinty, vice president and chief sustainability and external relations officer at Johnson Controls. “Energy costs are rising, wars are being waged with energy as a weapon and severe weather is showing the devastating power of climate change. During these challenging times, Johnson Controls offers our customers Moving forward to support them with solutions that lower costs while helping to reduce emissions.”
Sustainability has been at the heart of the company’s operations since 1885. In 2021, Johnson Controls announced a commitment to reduce total Scope 3 emissions by 16% and Scope 1 and 2 emissions by 55% by 2030. The company has also committed to investing approximately 75% of new product R&D in the development of climate-related innovations. Sustainable products and services, such as the shift to low-GWP refrigerants and innovations in electric heat pump technology. In addition to helping customers achieve their net-zero goals, Johnson Controls is taking significant steps to extend its long-term leadership position, including a commitment to reach net-zero carbon by 2040.
To help homeowners take advantage of the clean energy incentives available, Johnson Controls has compiled the latest resources available to reduce upfront costs and make savings during tax season.
Programs to Maximize Savings in Energy Efficient HVAC Systems:
- Energy Efficient Home Improvement Credits: The 25C tax credit, which expired on December 31, 2021, has been extended to December 31, 2022 from the previous credit tiers and requirements. Beginning with products installed on January 1, 2023 and through the end of 2032, new energy tax credits are available for eligible devices, including up to 30% of qualifying spend or up to $600 per device and a $1,200 tax credit per year. 10% and more than $500 lifetime) and up to $2,000 per year for heat pumps.
- Discount program for high-efficiency electric homes: $4.3 billion will be made available for grants to states to grant exemptions to eligible home electrification projects. The grant grants eligible households a waiver of 100% of eligible expenses or up to $8,000 to install a heat pump. The funding is provided by the state energy offices and runs until September 30th, 2031.
- State and local rebate programs: The exemptions offered by state statutes, local governments, and utilities may vary. It’s best for homeowners to speak to their local HVAC expert about these discounts or use a zip code based HVAC savings database for reference.
- Manufacturer discount and financing options: With over 30 consumer financing options from Johnson Controls through rebates on high-efficiency appliances, Synchronous® finance, factory backed warranties, and new Inflation Reduction Act incentives, there’s never been a better time to upgrade to the new Home Comfort system.
Qualifying products include high-efficiency air conditioners, stoves and heat pumps. For more information on these highly efficient systems and savings, contact your local YORK®, Luxaire®, Coleman®, Champion®, Fraser-Johnston®, Guardian® or Evcon™ dealer.
Head of the PR program
Building Technologies and Solutions, Johnson Controls
Mobile: +1 414-378-9641
About Johnson Controls
At Johnson Controls (NYSE:JCI), we transform the environments in which people live, work, learn and play. As the global leader in smart, healthy and sustainable buildings, our mission is to rethink how buildings perform to serve people, places and the planet.
Building on a proud history of innovation spanning nearly 140 years, with our comprehensive digital offering, OpenBlue, we provide the blueprint for the future for industries in healthcare, schools, data centers, airports, stadiums, manufacturing and beyond.
Today, with a global team of 100,000 professionals in more than 150 countries, Johnson Controls offers the world’s largest portfolio of manufacturing technology, software and service solutions from some of the most trusted names in the industry.
For more information, visit www.johnsoncontrols.com and follow @JohnsonControls on social platforms.
Source Johnson Controls International PLC