Spokeo is an information search service giving access to billions of records.
You can use Spokeo to search by name, phone, address, or email, then get a detailed report. Spokeo is a US-based company founded in 2006.
Find out everything you need to know about Spokeo and how the platform works today in our review.
What is Spokeo?
Spokeo is an online search service with 12 billion records in its database. Every month, Spokeo users perform over 20 million searches. Enter basic personal details into the online Spokeo form, then get a comprehensive report.
Spokeo was founded in 2006 to make the world more transparent.
Some people use Spokeo to learn more about neighbors or coworkers. Others use Spokeo to reverse search an email address or phone number. For example, you could identify the spammer calling you from a mysterious number or online trolls using their email address.
Spokeo is a subscription-based online search service. You pay a monthly subscription fee of $15 to $20 to access Spokeo’s online search service.
How Does Spokeo Work?
Spokeo maintains a database with 12 billion records, including county, state, and federal court records. After entering a name or email address into the online Spokeo form, you get a detailed report about that individual.
Spokeo offers four core search services, including:
Maybe a new number is calling, and you want to learn who it is. Perhaps you’re reconnecting with an ex-partner or old classmate. Just enter their details into Spokeo to get instant information.
Spokeo aims to provide comprehensive information about the subject you’re searching for. The company combs through millions of public records to get this information.
Spokeo offers the following features:
- 130 million property records
- 6 billion consumer records
- 3.9 billion historical records
- 600 million court records
- 89 million business records
- 120+ social networks
Where Does Spokeo’s Data Come From?
Spokeo maintains a database with public records. These records are public, but they’re not available through ordinary search engines. Typically, you must manually request an individual’s public record from each county, state, or federal court. Spokeo takes the pain out of that process, combining all the data into an easy-to-understand report.
Spokeo’s record sources include:
- Business directories, including business listings, pulled from the yellow pages, telephone directories, and other business directories
- Vital statistics databases from the government, including significant life events the government has documented (like birth certificates, death certificates, and marriage licenses)
- Court records, including public criminal records from county, state, and federal offices across the United States (including arrest records, most wanted warrants, driving violations, sex offender data, and fugitive documents)
- Social networks, including public information, shared on social media sites
- Property records, including public property records from government offices across the country (like real estate deeds and assessor records)
- Email databases, including email addresses linked to marketing demographic data
- Consumer indexes, including records of consumer profiles explaining the age, name, address, and other demographic details of a specific person
- Phone directories, including white pages and other telephone directories
When you enter a name, address, email, or phone number, Spokeo checks all these records to reveal everything about a particular person.
What Will You Learn on a Spokeo Report?
A Spokeo report includes comprehensive information like a physical address, an email address, or a phone number. Spokeo checks public records, then shares all information linked to that name, address, or contact information.
Some information included in a single Spokeo report includes:
- Contact information, including names, aliases, phone numbers, and email addresses
- Location history, including known addresses, workplaces, schools, and more
- Address history, including any residents, neighbors, or past residents associated with a specific address
- Family and associates, including known family members and other individuals associated with the person, along with their ages, location, and contact information
- Significant life event information, including birth records, death certificates, and marriage records
- Social media accounts, including known social media accounts, usernames, dating site profiles, gaming accounts, public wish lists, publicly-shared posts, and music streaming accounts, among other social media
- Personal details, including birth information, marital status, education level, hobbies and interests, and more
- Wealth data, including owned property, lifestyle data, investments, and estimated salary
- Criminal records and court records, including DUIs, sex offenses, traffic violations, felonies, criminal records, arrest records, and more (for an extra fee)
- Education and employment history
You may view basic information about someone for free, including their address, the first six digits of their phone number, cell phone carrier, and email address. However, you may need to pay an extra fee for more detailed information. Then, to access criminal and court record information, you may need to pay an additional cost.
You have plenty of options for online search services. Why pick Spokeo? What makes Spokeo unique? The company has several features that distinguish it from other providers available online today, including:
Records Updated Monthly
Spokeo regularly updates its records and databases like any online search provider. However, Spokeo may send an alert if there’s an update for someone you previously searched for. You may receive an alert if Spokeo detects a new address, phone number, or email address associated with a person.
Comprehensive Personal Report
Spokeo aims to give you a comprehensive personal report about someone. Like other online search services, Spokeo provides information like address history, phone number, email address, known family members, court records, social profiles, household income information, employment history, and more.
Easy to Use
Type a first name, last name, phone number, or email address into Spokeo. Spokeo provides a comprehensive report ASAP with no technical skills required.
Spokeo offers a service called Spokeo for Enterprise. Designed for business users, Spokeo for Enterprise helps businesses discover more about their customers. Companies can refresh outdated contact info and verify the identity of customers, for example.
Downloadable PDF Reports
Some online search services include downloadable PDF reports by default. Others charge extra. Your Spokeo subscription consists of an unlimited number of downloadable PDF reports. After searching for a name or number with Spokeo, you can download a report with that information. You can print off the report, view it offline, and store it on any device.
Priced at $15 to $20 per month, Spokeo is one of the more affordable people search services available today. In comparison, many of Spokeo’s competitors charge $25 to $40 monthly for similar information.
How Spokeo for Enterprise Works
Spokeo is among the few significant people search services offering an enterprise option. Spokeo for Enterprise includes a team dashboard, advanced search filter, unlimited PDF downloads, and other features for a low monthly rate.
Some perks of Spokeo for Enterprise include:
- Team dashboard to monitor account usage, add and manage team members, view billing statements, and access search reports
- The advanced search filter to find the information you need in minutes
- Access to all search types, including name, address, phone number, username, and email searches
- Unlimited PDF downloads, including complete, easy-to-download PDF reports
- Customizable search plans, including flexible account solutions to match your search needs and maximize profits
- Some businesses use Spokeo for Enterprise to refresh outdated contact info for customers and colleagues. Others use it to verify customer information or learn more about their customers.
Spokeo is among the more affordable people search services online today, with monthly subscriptions priced at $14.95 to $19.95. However, Spokeo does not include specific criminal and arrest records with searches by default, and you may need to pay an added fee.
Here’s how pricing works:
- Monthly Membership: $19.95 per month
- 3-Month Membership: $44.85 ($14.95 per month) every three months
You may need to pay an extra fee for specific historical, vital, and court records. After searching for a name or address, you can view that additional fee immediately.
All Spokeo membership plans are non-refundable. However, you can cancel your subscription anytime to avoid future penalties.
Spokeo was co-founded by Harrison Tang (CEO) and Mike Daly (CTO) in 2006. Today, the website performs over 20 million monthly searches, organizing over 12 billion records.
You can contact Spokeo and the company’s US-based customer service team via the following:
- Online Chat: https://www.spokeo.com/contact
- Online Help Center: https://help.spokeo.com/hc/en-us
Spokeo Final Word
Spokeo is an affordably-priced online search service providing access to over 12 billion public records.
Available online, Spokeo makes getting a detailed report about a person accessible. You can view everything from essential life details to criminal and arrest records.
To learn more or subscribe to Spokeo today, visit the official website! >>>
The links contained in this product review may result in a small commission if you opt to purchase the product recommended at no additional cost to you. This goes towards supporting our research and editorial team. Please know we only recommend high-quality products.
Please understand that any advice or guidelines revealed here are not even remotely substitutes for sound medical or financial advice from a licensed healthcare provider or certified financial advisor. Make sure to consult with a professional physician or financial consultant before making any purchasing decision if you use medications or have concerns following the review details shared above. Individual results may vary and are not guaranteed as the statements regarding these products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration or Health Canada. The efficacy of these products has not been confirmed by FDA, or Health Canada approved research. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease and do not provide any kind of get-rich money scheme. Reviewer is not responsible for pricing inaccuracies. Check product sales page for final prices.