Aug 5, 2022 1:52pm HST
2022 by Rising Tide participants with program leaders.
Photo credit: Central Pacific Bank
A new group of 19 women entrepreneurs are joining WE’s Rising Tide Financial Management program, including Raina DeWalt of Maui Traffic Control Services, Dr. Stacy Ammerman of Maui Lani Physicians and Surgeons, Dr. Emily Sumida from Children’s Dentistry of Maui Huh. Brandis Sarich of Brandeis Sarich Art + Architecture.
The free 10-week course runs August 3 through October 5 and is sponsored by the Central Pacific Bank Foundation and the AIO Foundation. This program, conducted in partnership with the Patsy T. Mink Center for Business and Leadership, provides women entrepreneurs with the tools to grow their businesses.
“Attendees will learn and network from industry experts on financial management, marketing strategies and advertising opportunities while making new friends,” said Susan Utsugi, senior vice president of business banking, Central Pacific Bank. , a founding member of the WE by Rising Tide program.
“Cohort 2 is an exceptional group of women small business owners who represent multiple business sectors,” said Mink Center Director Colleen McIloney. “You will join 20 alumni as we build a diverse, supportive community of women entrepreneurs through the WE Buy Rising Tide program.”
- dr Stacy Ammerman, doctor and surgeon on Maui Lani An experienced team of physicians provides the most comprehensive women’s health services available to the Maui community. Their doctors and staff strive to offer patients a modern and comprehensive medical “boutique” experience.
- Raina DeWalt, Maui Traffic Control Services LLCMaui Traffic Control Services offers traffic control and highway maintenance services to ensure the safety of heavy equipment transportation and to protect drivers and the general public from harm.
- Brandeis Sarich, Brandeis Sarich Art + Architecture LLC: Brandis Sarich is a prominent architect and talented artist living on the island of Maui.
- dr Emily Sumida, Pediatric Dentistry of Maui: Emily Sumida, DDS, has been providing pediatric dentistry to the children of Maui since 2019.
- Laurie Barron, Gallery Baron DBA Nohe Gallery: Nohe Gallery features Hawaiian art, handcrafted jewelry, wooden bowls and boxes, ceramics, fine woodwork, and quality gifts crafted by contemporary local Hawaiian artists and craftspeople.
- Katie Bennett, Hawaii Family MediationMediation: For families in conflict situations, mediation offers many advantages compared to traditional court proceedings. Online dispute resolution allows us to help and support families remotely. Find child-centered solutions to family conflicts from the comfort of your own home.
- Deanna Cornelius, The Happy Bento LLC: Nutritionist-designed, chef-prepared meals delivered right to your door. Perfect for new parents, seniors, hospice families, doctor-prescribed meals, and anyone looking to unwind from dinner duty.
- Heylin Dennison, Heylin Dennison, LCSW;: Heylin Dennison, LCSW, Hawaii is committed to providing innovative wellness services to mothers, women, children and families.
- dr Amelia Fong, Aina Hanna Eye CenterThe Aina Hanna Eye Center is a full-service eye center specializing in a range of treatments to meet your needs.
- Hail April, Keki Koukas: Created by a Hawaiian mother and school teacher, Keiki Kaukau creates beautiful, high quality toys that authentically represent the Aloha State and its unique blend of cultures.
- dr Lori Ann Kim, Hokula EyecareHokula Eyecare: Provides comprehensive eye health and vision exams and specializes in diagnosing and treating various eye diseases, conditions and problems. With advanced diagnostic technology and vision correction products, they are committed to improving the quality of life for people in the Camuela community through improved vision.
- Alisa Kimura, A Kimura Consulting LLCPacific Financial Partners has been helping businesses and families achieve their financial goals for more than 90 years. With a mission to always put our clients first, our reputation is built on long-term relationships that allow our partner practices to help our clients fulfill their dreams for themselves and their families.
- Stacey Leong, Stacey Leong Design LLCStacy Leong: The style, approach and communication techniques of graphic design are very different in design. Her skills are reflected in an excellent team to create creative, intuitive and attentive graphic design programs for her clients.
- Shelley Norman, DNP, Island Dermatology LLC DBA Koru Medical Spa: Our mission is to provide personalized, high-quality dermatological, medical and cosmetic skin care in an environment where patients are respected, valued and safely cared for by a team of highly trained, compassionate professionals.
- Jasmine Tanioka, Taniokas Seafood & Catering: Tanioka Business Trip began in 1978 bringing fresh seafood to the leeward side of Oahu. With the support of family and friends, Tanioka has grown to over 16,000 square feet of buildings and employs over 130 hard-working and dedicated employees. Long hours and blessings from above, coupled with her unwavering commitment to her mission of “quality food with a kind smile,” have made Tanioka a legend in Waipahu.
- Tanya Uyehara, Lahole DesignsInspired by native Hawaiian flowers to tell stories passed through oral tradition, Lahoule designs were created to share native Hawaiian culture with others and create an appreciation and awareness of Hawaii’s beauty.
- Kiani Wong, Kakako Casuals: Since 1988, Kakako Casuals has provided slippers, sandals, thongs and flip-flops that offer the perfect balance of chic, breezy comfort for every occasion.
- Rose Wong, Kolohe: Kolohe is a Hawaii-based jewelry brand specializing in custom-made jewelry made in-house. From ethical sourcing to only using water-resistant metals, Koloha creates jewelry that’s made to last. Kolohe specializes in 14K Gold Fill, a tarnish resistant metal made in years after Gold Plated or Beyond Vermeal.
- Jamie Yoshida, The Bead Gallery, Honolulu: Bead Gallery creates jewelry that connects you with who you are. Some wear it as a sign of courage, others to honor themselves. They can remind you to breathe, love, protect and show who you really are. These are talismans for life.