Nutrisystem is a weight loss system designed to make weight loss easy.
Featuring calorie-controlled meals, Nutrisystem takes the stress out of planning while giving you tasty, convenient, and varied meals.
Does Nutrisystem live up to the hype? Should you sign up for Nutrisystem? Keep reading our review to learn everything you need about Nutrisystem today.
What is Nutrisystem?
Nutrisystem is a meal delivery program designed to help anyone lose weight.
Launched in the 1970s, Nutrisystem is backed by 50+ years of weight loss success. It continues to be popular today for its pre-made, low-calorie meals. Each dish is designed to provide optimal nutrition while keeping you fuller for longer.
When you sign up for Nutrisystem, you can leave the cooking to the professionals. Nutrisystem delivers ready-made breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and snacks designed for maximum weight loss. You also get personalized support throughout your weight loss journey.
Benefits of Nutrisystem include:
- Affordable meals
- Convenient, done-for-you weight loss program
- Avoid cooking or grocery shopping
- Wide variety of breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and snacks customized to preferences
- One-on-one coaching and personalized weight loss support to stay on track
- Backed by 50+ years of weight loss experience
Order your supply of Nutrisystem now and start enjoying the benefits!
How Does Nutrisystem Work?
Nutrisystem offers four plans. Each plan lasts 4 weeks. You can continue to renew your plan month-to-month until you reach your desired weight.
Your plan comes with a selection of top-rated meals delivered to your door. Some use Nutrisystem for every meal and snack, while others continue to make some of their meals and snacks.
Available Nutrisystem plans include:
- Quick9: Lose up to 9 lbs in the first two weeks while delivering top-rated meals to your door.
- Uniquely Yours: Starting at $12.14 per day, Uniquely Yours offers a range of popular menu options, including top-rated frozen food.
- Uniquely Yours Max+: Starting at $13.57 per day, Uniquely Yours Max+ is specifically designed to control hunger for up to 5 hours after meals. You get the best meal variety, including Nutrisystem’s popular Hearty Inspirations meals.
- Complete 55: Starting at $13.93 daily, Complete 55 is specifically designed for women 55 and older. You can lose weight with a 3-month plan based on your age, nutritional needs, and metabolism.
You can also choose a men’s version or a diabetes version of the plans above. Men’s versions tend to have more daily calories, while diabetes plans consider glycemic index and sugar intake.
All plans have certain things in common. With all Nutrisystem plans, you enjoy benefits like:
- Nutrition: Perfectly balanced meals.
- Satisfaction: Eat six times per day, every day.
- Variety: Add your favorite fresh groceries to Nutrisystem meals and enjoy a wide variety of dishes for all tastes.
- Weight Loss Results: According to the official Nutrisystem website, you can lose 1 to 2 lbs per week.
Nutrisystem Quick9 Plan
Quick9 is a new weight loss program from Nutrisystem designed to help you lose up to 9 lbs in your first two weeks. In a recent study, the average participant lost 6.5 lbs in two weeks with Quick9.
Perks of Quick9 include:
- Flexibility, including convenient shipments every two weeks
- Affordability, including the ability to lose weight fast while paying less out of pocket
- Delicious, frozen, ready-to-go meals with no cooking or ingredient shopping required
- Lose up to 9lbs in your first two weeks with ready-to-eat meals
Overall, Quick9 is designed to fit your budget and goals while introducing you to Nutrisystem. Instead of getting weekly meals, you get a package of frozen, ready-made meals delivered to your doorstep every two weeks, giving you everything you need to lose weight over the next two weeks.
You can choose a “chef’s choice” bundle of meals, starting with the most popular meals. Or, you can pick your own meals.
Plans start at $199.99 for your first two weeks. Nutrisystem’s Quick9 is available in male and female versions.
Nutrisystem Uniquely Yours Plan
Nutrisystem’s Uniquely Yours plan aims to make weight loss taste good. Uniquely Yours gives you access to Nutrisystem’s most popular and top-rated meals at a competitive price.
If you want to enjoy a range of popular Nutrisystem meals that are ready to eat in minutes, including top-rated frozen menu choices, then Nutrisystem’s Uniquely Yours plan could be the right choice for you.
Perks of Nutrisystem’s Uniquely Yours plan include:
- The most popular selection of breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and snacks
- Frozen, pantry-ready meals ready to eat in minutes
- All-new meal choices for 2023, including spicy flatbreads and high-protein waffles
- App tools for personalized nutrition, including tools to intelligently optimize your nutrition plan as you lose weight
Nutrisystem Uniquely Yours is available for women and men starting at $12.14 per day. ($339.99 per month). You can pick your own meals or sign up for the chef’s choice package, which includes Nutrisystem’s most popular meals.
Nutrisystem Uniquely Yours Max+ Plan
Nutrisystem’s Uniquely Yours Max+ plan features a wider variety of meals and customization options than the standard Uniquely Yours plan. You also get access to the Hearty Inspirations meals lineup, which includes bigger meals designed to keep you fuller for longer.
The biggest perk of Uniquely Yours Max+ is losing weight and controlling hunger for up to five hours. Nutrisystem Uniquely Yours Max+ could be the smarter choice if you find other Nutrisystem meals that leave you hungry.
Perks of Nutrisystem’s Uniquely Yours Max+ plan include:
- ProSync protein shakes with Chromax to help burn fat, sustain energy, and control hunger
- Powered by the science of the NuMi SmartAdapt app
- Lose 5lbs your first week
- Brand-new, award-winning meals for 2023
- Hearty Inspirations, high-protein meals with up to 30g of protein per serving
- The best variety of ready-made food, including an entire month of breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and snacks
Overall, Nutrisystem gives you everything you need for significant weight loss over the next month with the Uniquely Yours Max+ Plan. You can choose from a range of customization options, including every day covered (7 days’ worth of meals and snacks per week) or most days covered (5 days’ worth of meals and snacks per week). Subscriptions start at $13.57 per day or $379.99 per month.
Nutrisystem Complete 55 Plan
Designed specifically for women over 55, Nutrisystem Complete 55 was developed in partnership with Marie Osmond. The program was created for women by women. Unlike other Nutrisystem plans, there’s no male option for Complete 55.
Perks of Nutrisystem’s Complete 55 Plan include:
- Control hunger for up to 5 hours with protein-rich, Hearty Inspirations meals (30g of protein per serving)
- Target key weight loss factors unique for your age, including metabolism, menopause, nutrition needs, and activity level
- Choose from 5 or 7 days per week options
- Partner with the NuMi SmartAdapt app to manage your weight loss journey
- Designed specifically for women over 55 who want meaningful weight loss results
- Plans start at $13.93 per day or $390.07 per month. You can choose the chef’s choice package, where you receive a collection of Nutrisystem’s most popular Complete 55 meals. Or, you can pick your own meals.
Nutrisystem Partner Plans
Want to lose weight with a partner? You can save money by signing up for Nutrisystem’s partner plans. Available partner plans include:
- Basic Built for Two: $9.99 per day and up.
- Uniquely Yours Built for Two: $12.14 per day and up.
- Uniquely Yours Max+ Built for Two: $13.57 per day and up.
Nutrisystem Diabetes Plans
Nutrisystem offers a selection of 4-week diabetes meal plans. Featuring similar benefits to Nutrisystem’s core plans, the diabetes plans are designed to help you lose weight, lower your A1c, improve blood sugar, and reduce insulin, among other benefits.
Some of the benefits of Nutrisystem’s diabetes plans include the following:
- Lose weight to lower A1c by up to 1% in 6 months
- Reduce your risk of type 2 diabetes by 58% by losing just 7% of your body weight
- Improve blood sugar and reduce insulin by losing 9% of your body weight, according to research
- 4-week diabetes meal plans that let you eat six times per day, every day
- Ready-made, ready-to-eat meals starting at $9.99 per day
Nutrisystem’s diabetes plans range from $9.99 per day (Basic Diabetes Plan) to $12.14 per day (Uniquely Yours diabetes plan) to $13.93 (Uniquely Yours Ultimate Diabetes Plan).
Nutrisystem NuMi App
Nutrisystem’s official tracker is the NuMi app. It’s designed to be your weight loss companion, complementing the journey you started with your Nutrisystem subscription.
One of the most important features of the NuMi app is the SmartAdapt system. As you lose weight and track your progress with the app, SmartAdapt intelligently tailors your plan to recommend the right amount of foods for your body. As your body changes, your diet should change.
Some of the critical features of the Nutrisystem app include the following:
- NuMi Challenges to help you stay motivated by winning prizes, earning rewards, and qualifying for savings.
- SmartAdapt to help you lose weight and track your progress, then change your plan based on the ideal amount of food for your new body.
- News feed with exclusive offers, contests, giveaways, news from Nutrisystem, and more.
- Access to the complete database of Nutrisystem entrée and menu items, including a barcode scanner to easily track what you eat. The database also includes nutritional info for thousands of other foods.
- The Leaf blog with weight loss tips, dieting articles, and hundreds of healthy recipes catered to your weight loss journey, along with fresh new content added daily.
- Exclusive access to bi-weekly newsletters with the latest weight loss tips and tricks.
- One-touch tracking, including Quick Log to track Nutrisystem meals, PowerFuels, SmartCarbs, and other food types with a single tap.
- Food item tracking, including access to a database of 1 million+ food. Just scan barcodes of the food you’re eating to conveniently log any meals or foods you eat outside your Nutrisystem subscription, making it easy to track your daily calories.
- Adjust your subscription as needed, adding or removing flex meals or pausing your subscription temporarily.
- Smart reminders for when to log meals, drink water, and enter activity and weight.
- A La Carte Shop feature lets you order all your Nutrisystem essentials directly from the mobile app while enjoying a fast and easy checkout.
- Photos to capture your journey and get snapshots of your accomplishments, celebrating your success with weight loss milestone badges.
- Synchronization with Fitbit to import activity directly into NuMi.
The app is available for free for iOS and Android.
Nutrisystem Menu Options
Nutrisystem offers dozens of menu options, including a diverse range of breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and snacks.
Nutrisystem regularly updates its menu with new items based on the latest food trends and science. Overall, there are 130+ menu options available through Nutrisystem. And 100% of the company’s meals are nutritionally balanced.
Here are some of the most popular breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack options available with Nutrisystem today:
- Turkey sausage and egg muffins
- Buttermilk waffles
- Cinnamon rolls
- Apple walnut oatmeal
- Savory maple omelet
- Classic hamburger
- Mushroom parmesan soup with chicken
- Beef, bean, and cheese burrito bowl
- Chocolate peanut butter bar
- Café-style creamy tomato soup
- BBQ chicken burrito
- Raviolo Formaggio
- Grain-crusted pollock with vegetables
- Italian sausage and turkey pepperoni pizza
- Caramelized onion, mushroom, and turkey sausage pizza
- Meatloaf sandwich
- Broccoli and cheese stuffed chicken breast
- Mint ice cream sandwich
- Strawberry Cheesecake
- Dark chocolaty sea salt nut square
- Orange cream bar
- Chocolate cheesecake
- Sweet and salty nut bar
You can order meals a la carte, picking your favorite dishes each week. Or, you can sign up for a chef’s choice selection, where Nutrisystem sends you the most popular meal options each week.
Nutrisystem Reviews: Weight Loss Testimonials & Success Stories
Founded in the 1970s, Nutrisystem has helped thousands lose weight over 50+ years in the business. Today, the company collects some of its best stories online at its official website. You can also find independent reviews for Nutrisystem across the internet. We’ll summarize some of the customer experiences with Nutrisystem below.
The Nutrisystem website is filled with before-and-after images and testimonials from customers who lost significant weight with Nutrisystem. One couple lost 85 lbs while drastically improving blood pressure and cholesterol with Nutrisystem. Another customer felt different within days of starting her Nutrisystem subscription, ultimately losing 47 lbs.
On ConsumerAffairs, Nutrisystem has an average score of 1.3 stars out of 5 with 37 reviews, with the vast majority of users giving it a 1-star rating. The vast majority of customer complaints are about confusing billing and average-tasting food. Multiple customers complain about “bait and switch” discount introductory pricing, for example, and difficult cancellation processes.
US News & World Report ranked Nutrisystem as the #5 best diet program in the world, awarding it a score of 3.6 stars out of 5. Nutrisystem was also ranked #2 in the best fast weight-loss diet rankings, mainly because many customers feel they lost weight quickly with Nutrisystem.
2,100+ Trustpilot users have awarded Nutrisystem an average score of 1.4 stars out of 5, or “Bad.” Although there are hundreds of 5-star reviews from customers satisfied with their subscriptions and meals, there are also hundreds of 1-star reviews. Multiple customers complain about confusing billing and cancellation processes and bland food. On the positive side, many customers praise Nutrisystem for helping them lose weight, with some customers reporting losing 20 lbs or more in just a few months of starting Nutrisystem.
Overall, Nutrisystem has average to poor reviews online from most customers, with customers complaining about confusing billing, difficult cancellation, and bland meals. However, many customers said Nutrisystem worked as advertised to help them lose significant weight.
Nutrisystem Refund Policy
Nutrisystem offers a 7-day money-back guarantee. If you’re unsatisfied with your first order, call 1-800-727-8046 within the first seven days, then return the remaining food. Nutrisystem will give you a full refund minus shipping. The refund is valid only on initial 4-week plans for first-time customers.
For more information about Nutrisystem’s money-back guarantee, visit the official website.
Nutrisystem is a longstanding weight loss program featuring done-for-you meals. Available online through Nutrisystem.com, the company offers a range of popular, nutritionally-balanced meal options for breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and snacks.
Backed by proven weight loss success stories, Nutrisystem offers six meals per day, a popular mobile app, and an average weight loss of 1 to 2 lbs per week, among other perks.
To learn more about Nutrisystem and how it works or to sign up today, visit the official website by clicking here!
Read: What is Ketogenic Diet Meal Plans & Food Recipes All About?
The links contained in this product review may result in a small commission if you opt to purchase the product recommended at no additional cost to you. This goes towards supporting our research and editorial team. Please know we only recommend high-quality products.
Please understand that any advice or guidelines revealed here are not even remotely substitutes for sound medical or financial advice from a licensed healthcare provider or certified financial advisor. Make sure to consult with a professional physician or financial consultant before making any purchasing decision if you use medications or have concerns following the review details shared above. Individual results may vary and are not guaranteed as the statements regarding these products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration or Health Canada. The efficacy of these products has not been confirmed by FDA, or Health Canada approved research. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease and do not provide any kind of get-rich money scheme. Reviewer is not responsible for pricing inaccuracies. Check product sales page for final prices.